The Kleidograph was patented in November of 1894 by inventor William Bell Wait who sold the machine through the New York Institute for the Blind where he was Director. The actual production of the machine was done by the E.E. Garvin Machine Co. of New York which also produced the Peoples, Crary, Garvin and other typewriters. The Kleidograph composed works in the New York Point system, an alternative to Braille.
Back to all Wanted Typewriters for the Blind